The Silchester Association was founded in 1972 and has been a driving force in the village ever since.
It is a non profit organization run for the benefit of the residents. When needed, and if funds allow, the Association will make donations to other organisations in the village to help them achieve their aims.
Our aims are:
- To encourage all aspects of Silchester village community life
- To engage with other local groups
- To foster the rural character and amenities of Silchester village and Common
- To raise and retain sufficient funds to deliver these objectives
Today our main focus is on the social side and we have a team who organise a lively programme of events throughout the year.
Typical events include:
A fun run through the woods
The very popular Beer Fesitval
An Annual Scarecrow Trail in the village
Art & Craft Exhibition
Talks & Quizzes
Walks around the boundaries of the Village
Everyone who lives in the village and the immediate neighbourhood is automatically a member of the association and is always very welcome at the events.
The Silchester Association has employers' liability insurance for volunteers while helping out at events.
Employers Liability Insurance Certificate
How to become involved:
- Join the Committee - we are always looking for keen new people to join our team. We are a very friendly group and it is an excellent way of getting to the heart of village life.
- Join our rota of volunteers - we keep a list of people who we can call on to help out at the bigger events.
- If you would like to volunteer for any or all events, please contact us
Get involved using our online form.